This website is in construction. The origin of the controversial Tibetan teachers comes from this source.
The goal of this website is to explore this list, redraft a page for each case and design a simple profile page with resources and links, allow cases to be filtered by confirmed cases, ongoing judicial trials, convicted teachers etc…
It will take a lot of time and effort to create a useful website for Buddhists worldwide, a website that will help them know in advance what teachers and centers to avoid, and why, with information and links to objective information to help them make an informed decision.
- if Tibetan Lineage Holders are unable since decades to speak out publicly and clean the Temple, it’s up to civil society to do the work and protect innocent people from entering toxic cults drifting away and producing harm to innocent human beings.
How to help
- Help raise awareness using social media
- send any relevant information about unknown cases
- send relevant information about existing and known cases
- help us compile a list that will actually help people interested in Buddhism and Tibetan Buddhism in particular
- Suggest ideas firstname.lastname@example.org
More than a decade ago, there was a domain called tibetanlama.com – it was a good idea that was then abandoned, why ?
This is a quote from the About page of this website now silent.
The mission of this website is to promote the true masters of Tibetan Buddhism and provide their teachings to people. Tibetan Buddhism is spread all over the world today with more than 200 million adherents of Mahayana and Vajrayana Traditions.
This website will list Tibetan Lama’s, Buddhist Teachers and Tibetan Buddhist Vajrayana toxic cults in the hope that more harm can be avoided with the correct information available for people to make informed choices.
- From state atheism to religious education May 11, 2021Reading time: 4 minutes From state atheism to religious education Although RE has become a compulsory subject in public schools, religious education in Russia remains to be a strongly contested topic. The discussion can be boiled down to a concern about the separation of Church and State, roughly dividing the public opinion into two camps. […]
- The 14th Dalai Lama was financially supported by the CIA between the late 1950s and the mid-1970s, receiving $180,000 a year. The funds were paid to him personally May 10, 2021After 20 plus years of accepting millions of dollars from the CIA, the Dalai Lama then complained the CIA was interested in their own agenda. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_Tibetan_program"In the early 1950s, the CIA inserted paramilitary teams from the Special Activities Division (SAD) to train and lead Tibetan resistance fighters against the People's Liberation Army of China.""In addition, […]
- Tibet: The CIA’s Cancelled War May 10, 2021the CIA ran a covert operation designed to train Tibetan insurgents and gather intelligence about the Chinese, as part of its efforts to contain the spread of communism around the world. Though little known today, the program produced at least one spectacular intelligence coup and provided a source of support for the Dalai Lama.https://www.nybooks.com/daily/2013/04/09/cias-cancelled-war-tibet/For nearly […]
- CIA’s Secret War in Tibet- Gyato Wangdu (who would later become the last commander of the Chushi Gandrug), asked CIA operations officer Roger McCarthy for ‘a portable nuclear weapon of some kind…that the trainees might employ to destroy Chinese by t May 10, 2021https://www.historynet.com/cias-secret-war-in-tibet.htm?fbclid=IwAR0VxTjKPaNUUEu4kjoV5RfkflhZC9cLtFSfNN8BymCW1wSd8wKcjQJ9K_gCIA’s Secret War in Tibet"‘We only lived to kill Chinese,’ recalled one Tibetan veteran. ‘Our hopes were high.’ One of the trainees, Gyato Wangdu (who would later become the last commander of the Chushi Gandrug), asked CIA operations officer Roger McCarthy for ‘a portable nuclear weapon of some kind…that the trainees might employ to destroy […]
- Child ordinations and the rights of children May 10, 2021http://www.infolanka.com/org/srilanka/cult/13.htm?fbclid=IwAR2YRwr2T5HKg9TEwtb5M2QddkXIeMxxs37F8hTLAivqeCxLcmK6kGzHm0kChild ordinations and the rights of childrenby Gananath ObeyesekereRecent newspaper articles, photographs and reports in our newspapers have given prominence to massive campaigns to recruit thousands of children to the Buddhist order with the Prime Minister himself urging the recruitment of two thousand children as novices. He also urged the poor to multiply and bring […]